2. Types of Information You May Provide. Information we may collect from you on our Site falls into two categories: (i) Anonymous Information, and (ii) Personal Information. These categories are defined as follows:
2.1. Anonymous Information. The term "Anonymous Information" means information that does not identify you individually, and may include, for example, statistical information concerning the pages on our Website that you visit most frequently.
2.2. Personal Information. The term "Personal Information" means information about you that would allow us (or others) to identify and contact you including, but not limited to: (i) your name; (ii) mailing address; (iii) telephone number; (iv) financial account information; (v) social security number; (vi) email address; and (vii) other, similar information.
3. Our Uses of Your Personal Information. You decide whether you wish to provide us with Personal Information. We may collect information from you at different points (for example, when you request more information from us or register a product you have purchased), and use this information as follows:
3.1. Verifying Your Identity. When you register a product or request information from us via the Website, we may collect additional Personal Information beyond what we originally received in order to verify your identity and process your request. This is designed to further protect you and to reduce the threat of identity theft and fraudulent requests.
3.2. Communications to Us. If you send us an email with questions, comments or requests for additional information, or if you include your Personal Information when providing us with feedback about Oxyion, our Website or our products and services, we may use your email address and other information included in your correspondence to respond to you.
3.3. Staying Updated; Alerts and Other Communications to You. You may provide us with your email address and other Personal Information so that we can send you information concerning Oxyion, our Site, products, services, and other information (collectively, the "Alerts"). In addition, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with other information that we believe may be of interest to you. You will have the ability to opt out of receiving these materials as provided in Section 8 (Opting Out).
3.4. Informational Notices and Bulletins. We may periodically send news, bulletins or other information to you, and will use Personal Information to send such communications. If we choose to send such communications, you will have the ability to opt out of receiving some of them. Please refer to Section 8 (Opting Out) for more details.
3.6. Promotions. We believe that your experiences can often act as the strongest promotion of our products and services. Accordingly, we may wish to post on our Website or elsewhere, endorsements from you or descriptions you provide about your experiences. You agree that your Personal Information and experiences with us may be used and adapted for these purposes (without the need for compensation). If we use your Personal Information and experiences in this manner, and such use discloses other Personal Information, we will obtain your permission before using any other Personal Information.
3.7. Information You Wish to Have Posted on the Website. We collect Personal Information from you when you provide us with Submitted Content for posting on our Website. We may use this Personal Information to respond to you, verify your identity and for other purposes. Please review Section 4 (Submitted Content) for information concerning how we treat Submitted Content (and any Personal Information) you may post on our Website.
3.8. Employment Opportunities. Our Site may include information allowing you to learn more about employment opportunities with Oxyion and the ability to apply for a job online. We collect Personal Information in connection with your employment application, and will use this Information to process your application.
3.9. Other Uses. In addition to the uses specifically identified in this Section 3 (Our Uses of Your Personal Information), we may use Personal Information you submit in any other manner we reasonably deem necessary in order to provide you with the information, goods and services you request from us via the Website.
5. Disclosures to Third Parties. We will not disclose Personal Information about you to third parties without your express consent, except in the following circumstances:
5.1. Vendors. We employ other companies to perform functions both on our and your behalf, such maintaining the Website, collecting information, sending and responding to electronic mail and other functions necessary to support Oxyion, the Website and the products and services that we offer (collectively, the "Vendors"). We will provide Vendors with only that Personal Information necessary to perform their functions and instruct them not to use Personal Information for any purpose inconsistent with this Policy. We require that our Vendors agree contractually to comply with privacy laws and to maintain protections for Personal Information consistent with this Policy.
5.2. Affiliates. We share Personal Information with our Affiliates in order to provide you with product offerings, service offerings and for other purposes. Our Affiliates have agreed contractually to comply with privacy laws and to maintain protections for Personal Information consistent with this Policy. You have the ability to "opt-out" of this information-sharing by following the direction provided in Section 8 (Opting Out).
5.4. Legal. We will reveal Personal Information about you to the extent we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of your Personal Information, we may attempt to notify you via the email address you provided (if any) within a reasonable time before we respond to the request, unless such notification is not permitted. In addition, we may share your Personal Information with third parties as otherwise permitted by law in order, for example, to protect against fraud, the confidentiality or security of our business records or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
6. Our Use of Anonymous Information. We use Anonymous Information to analyze the effectiveness of our Site, to improve our Website, products, services, and for other purposes. For example, the fact that our Site users spend a majority of their time reading about our technology and how it works would constitute Anonymous Information, if that information does not identify a particular user. This information provides us with potentially useful data concerning our users' preferences and the efficacy and interest of our Site, products and services. In addition, we may undertake or commission statistical and other summary analyses of the general behavior and characteristics of Website users, and the use of our Website and related services, and may share Anonymous Information with third parties, including advertisers (if any). Rest assured that Anonymous Information provided to third parties will not allow anyone to identify you. We may collect Anonymous Information through features of the software supporting our Website through both the means described below and other means.
6.1. IP Addresses; Logs. Either directly, or through our hosting service provider, we may automatically receive and record information from your internet browser, including your IP address (the internet address of your PC), your computer's name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses, where the computer is routing from and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information that will be aggregated with information about other users in order to understand how our Website is being used, and for security and monitoring purposes.
6.2. Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data that often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies can be used to provide a tailored user experience and to make it easier to use a website upon a future visit. We may include cookies on our Website and use them to recognize you when you return to our Site. In addition, other third-party websites may recognize our cookies stored on your computer, and use that information to provide you with information related to the content of our Website. You may set your browser so that it does not accept cookies, though cookies must be enabled on your web browser if you wish to access certain personalized features of our Site.
6.4. Click-Throughs. We may send emails that use a "click-through URL" linked to content on our Website. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply do not click text or graphic links in the email, or notify us in accordance with Section 8 (Opting Out).
8. Opting Out. Because we respect privacy rights, we allow you to opt out of receiving certain information. If we choose to send bulletins, Alerts, or other communications to you, we will provide you with the ability to decline, or opt out of, receiving such communications. In addition, you have the option to unsubscribe to our Alerts, and we will take reasonable steps to comply with this request in a timely manner. Instructions for opting out will be provided if and when we determine to send such a communication. Please understand that you will not be allowed to opt out of formal notices concerning the operation of our Website, and legal and other related notices concerning your relationship to us and our Website.
9. Access; Removing Information. To allow you appropriate control over your Personal Information, you can request us to change, update or delete Personal Information that you have previously submitted to us. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before fulfilling such requests. You may also delete your name and other Personal Information from our databases. Please understand, however, that it may be impossible to remove Personal Information completely due to system backups and records of deletions. In addition, if you request the deletion of your Personal Information, you will be unable to utilize the services associated with that Personal Information. We will fulfill deletion requests within a reasonable time.
11. Security. We have put in place security systems, physical and technical safeguards, and quality controls designed to prevent unauthorized access to, or disclosure of, Personal Information (collectively, the "Security Safeguards"). Our Security Safeguards are structured to deter and prevent unauthorized users and others from accessing Personal Information. Please understand that our Security Safeguards are not fail-proof and, due to the nature of internet communications and evolving technologies, we cannot provide, and expressly disclaim (to the extent permitted by law), assurance that the information we receive about you via the Website will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access. Please note that you play a key role in protecting the security of your Personal Information. For example, you should guard your password to our Website, and not give it to others to use. In addition, you should close your browser when have finished viewing your information on our Website in order to prevent others from viewing your Personal Information.
12.1. Affiliate. The term "Affiliate" means an entity controlling, controlled by or under common control with, Oxyion. For purposes of this definition, "control" shall mean ownership or control, either directly or indirectly, of greater than 50% of the voting rights of such entity or the ability to control the day-to-day operations and business of such entity.
13. Additional General Provisions.
13.1. Privacy Protection for Children. Our Website is not directed at children and we will not accept or request Personal Information from individuals we know to be under 13 years old. In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ('COPPA'), if we learn that a child under 13 years old has provided Personal Information, we will either: (i) delete this information from our databases in accordance with our deletion procedures set out in Section 9 (Access; Removing Information), or (ii) obtain verifiable parental consent in accordance with COPPA.
14. Effective Date: September 1, 2018